Helpful Hints for Winter (Using Household Products!)
1. Ice-proof your windows. Simply fill a spray bottle with three parts vinegar to one part water and spritz it on all your windows at night. In the morning, they will be clear of that icy mess. Vinegar contains acetic acid, which raises the melting point of water, thus preventing water from freezing!
2. Squeak-proof your wipers. Just wipe the wipers with a cloth saturated with rubbing alcohol or ammonia. This one trick can make badly streaking and squeaking wipers change to near perfect silence and clarity.
3. Prevent car doors from freezing shut with cooking spray!
Spritz cooking oil on the rubber seals around car doors and rub it in withr a paper towel. The cooking spray prevents water from melting into the rubber.
your lock in seconds with hand sanitizer. Just put some hand sanitizer gel on the key and the lock, and the problem is solved!
5. Fog-proof your windshield with shaving cream! Spray some shaving cream on the inside of your windshield and wipe it off with paper towels. Shaving cream has many of the same ingredients found in commercial defoggers.
6. Keep your headlights clear with car wax! Just wipe ordinary car wax on your headlights. It contains special water repellents that will prevent that messy mixture from accumulating on your lights - lasts up to 6 weeks!
Hope this has been helpful - now go out and have a great winter!